Lane End Conference Centre
Lane End is a residential conference centre set in 26 acres of the Chilterns countryside in Buckinghamshire.
The venue is purpose-built for conferences and includes five distinct buildings. Each of the self-contained buildings offers a main conference room and a number of syndicate rooms, dedicated bedrooms, dining room, lounge, and bar.
In total there are eight main conference rooms and 24 syndicate rooms, 111 en-suite bedrooms, three dining rooms, four bars and four coffee lounges. The venue offers dedicated conference facilities that are ideal for any group size between five and 150 delegates.
IACC Green Star Venue
Top 5 Sustainable Items
- We have planted a tree orchard and although it will take some time to mature, it will give us the opportunity to use the produce on-site as well as all the environmental benefits associated with the planting of trees.
- The sales offices reduced paper use by 90%. We are now using dual monitors and online tools for the signing of contracts and documents with a full ban on printing of emails, contracts, and invoices.
- All Lane End employees are using the search engine Ecosia on their work computers. Ecosia is an eco-friendly search engine and they use their profits to plant trees. They estimated that a tree is planted for every 4 searches – there is a counter on your desktop and so far I alone have completed 366 searches and therefore contributed to the planting of 91.5 trees.
- We recycle all our used coffee beans to be used as garden compost. We bag the beans and put it on the coffee stations for guests to take home with them.
- We recycle all our used cooking oil into biodegradable fuel.