Friends House, Euston, London
Friends House is centrally located, opposite Euston Station, and within walking distance of King’s Cross and St Pancras International stations. It is easily reached by all major rail, bus and tube services.
Our meeting rooms and event spaces are of high quality, honestly priced and you are guaranteed a warm and friendly welcome, respecting our Quaker values.
Gold Tourism Gold accreditation, we are one of the very few in London.
- We have reduced our carbon footprint by 29% since 2009.
- We use biogas from Ørsted to heat the building and have reduced our heating emissions by 91% since 2017.
- The carbon footprint per delegate per day has been reduced by 30% since 2017.
We have installed a third beehive on our roof and there was an article published about the beekeeper: https://eustontowner.london/2019/08/21/capital-bee-at-quakers-friends-house/
- We have free refilling water points in the venue and are now listed on the Refill app, which lists all the free water refilling points in the UK.
- We have the takeaway boxes in the meeting rooms, to cut down on food waste.
- We have signed the MIA 20% less pledge, but we barely use single-use plastic in the venue anyway, so this objective will be achieved before 2025 for us.
- Our staff volunteer once a year at Organic Lea, in Walthamstow. They provide us with fresh salads. Organic Lea does some educational work too.
- We have the Bake the Difference programme which helps ex-offenders integrate into society through practical and theoretical cooking and baking skills. It will soon resume for a second year. This year, the trainees will be able to gain barista, kitchen porter, baking and front of house skills. It will be 6 months long and they will spend a few weeks in each position.
- Suspended soup helps people in need by providing a soup, which is a free nutritious meal. Our customers can buy a voucher in the cafe for someone who needs it. People can then claim a voucher at reception. No questions asked. Quiet Company matches each voucher like for like.
- We use 100% renewable energy.
- We have a rainwater harvesting system in our garden.